Monday, March 26, 2007

Sergio Didn't Spit...He Just Let it go Down

"I didn't spit. I just let it go down," said Sergio.

Just let what go down? According to Sergio it wasn't spit. I'm no doctor, but it looked alot like spit. And after reviewing the following video, it is apparent that a combination of mucus and saliva were released from his mouth into the cup. Isn't that spit? Here's the video:

Golf is a frustrating sport. I know from experience. And I can't begin to understand how frustrating it is to lose to Tiger Woods all the time. So I've decided to give Sergio a pass on this one.

Personally, I've been so mad that I wanted to do more than spit in the cup. I'm just lucky the only person I have to duck is the course marshall. Sergio had the crowds there and the millions watching on TV. So maybe a bad choice at the time but its a better way to deal with his frustration than flinging a pitching wedge into the gallery.