Thursday, March 22, 2007

Agent 0 is clutch

I was excited last night to be able to watch Gilbert Arenas play against the Sonics last night. I wanted to see Ray Allen and Agent 0 go at each other. That didn't happen because Allen sat out due to inflammation in his ankle. But Arenas didn't disappoint. He was a one man show pouring in 42 points including a running bank shot at the buzzer to sink the Sonics. I got the shot on video and here it is:


My question is why didn't the Sonics choose to double Arenas on that last possession? I think it has to do with the fact that coach Bob Hill is an idiot. This from the Seattle Times:

"Sonics coach Bob Hill said he didn't want to double-team Arenas to get the ball out of his hands, because Arenas could have passed to an open player."

So let me get this right. You would rather have the best player on the court take the last shot? That makes no sense. You have to make someone other than Arenas beat you. Hill will be looking for a new job soon.

No comments: