Friday, March 23, 2007

Ron Mexico breaks his silence in Bottlegate


Michael Vick spoke for the first time regarding the January 17th incident that took place at Miami International Airport. It took him over two month to come up with a good excuse. And this is what he came up with. He was hiding jewelry in the bottle. Jewelry?? That's the best he could come up with after two months to think about it? Sounds alot like a stoner.

And the Maimi-Dade PD is not buying his story either. This from The Atlanta Journal-Constitution:

"That's the first we've heard of that," Detective Nelda Fonticella, said when asked if Vick was carrying jewelry in the bottle. "If he has any kind of problem with the way things were handled, then he needs to talk to internal affairs."

Then Vick pokes himself in the eye, forces out a couple tears and claims he's the victim in this case:

"How do you think that made me feel? That was tough on me. That was tough on my family and friends because we knew those accusations weren't right. I said to myself, why even say anything. At the time people were not going to believe me. I just wanted to wait for the results to come back and let the smoke clear and get my head together and enjoy my offseason. It's over. I was cleared, and I was happy about that."

Let the smoke clear? Probably not the best choice of words, Ron. Again, sounds alot like a pothead. Next time you and Marcus should come up with your story before you take bong hits.

Deadspin has a great take on this story.

The Big Lead also takes their shots at Mr. Mexico.